Welcome 2-R Family

Welcome 2-R Family

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Antique Me!!

Those that know me well know that I am a form of interior designer inside and get totally involved in decorating each room of my house, my sister's room, my mom's house (when she allows it), etc.  So my mission starts to find rare and awesome antiques and vintage decor for Peyton's vintage inspired bedroom.  It all started with one piece as my inspiration:  The 2009 Sweet Pea Festival poster.  All of the decor, colors, style in Peyton's room will be inspired by this poster because I just fell in love with it.  I'll be sure to post the first pictures of the starting point of Peyton's room, which has quickly become my latest obsession.  So far I have discovered an inexpensive and gorgeous vintage chandelier, which Jake so nicely wired and installed this last weekend.  I also found a great vintage mirror tray for a whopping $2.50 off of $16.00 at the Country Antique store outside of Bozeman courtesy of my bargaining ways.  Lastly, I couldn't resist the vintage flower and crystal wall hooks as well as the vintage door handle and crystal wall hook at Pier One, which I reluctantly paid full price for (sort of...my gift card that I had stashed away for something special sufficed for the majority of the cost...hehe).

My biggest mission is to find an old dresser that I can work on or restore to a great piece for the room.  My hope is to convince Jake to let me go antique store shopping for the afternoon on Saturday while he babysits Peyt.  Here's keeping my fingers crossed.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment