Welcome 2-R Family

Welcome 2-R Family

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Out with the old, In with the new!

In our quest to save money and in my additional quest to live an even healthier lifestyle, Jake and I are choosing to become coffee people. This may sound strange, but prior to venturing into the wild world of hot coffee, we were strictly iced latte drinkers. While iced lattes will always be one of our vices, it is one that has become way too expensive for us to justify. I personally have never been a hot coffee drinker and always chose diet pop for my caffeine fix. Now with new studies showing how bad diet pop can be for your long term health and body image and the fact that I have a little 5 month old to think about supporting nutritiously…it’s time to kick out the old unhealthy habits and welcome the new healthier ones.


Our Mr. Coffee machine that sat on our kitchen counter collecting dust for nearly 2 ½ years is now working hard for us each and every morning. I’m happy to announce that Jake and I are enjoying hot coffee and are having fun testing out different blends from area stores. The other day I received an email from Jake that said, “I’m so excited! We are officially coffee people!” It made me chuckle and also gave me a positive outlook on our healthier days to come. So if anyone out there is reading this and has stumbled across a fantastic blend they would like to recommend for us coffee newbies, please do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment