Welcome 2-R Family

Welcome 2-R Family

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hiatus No More

Well clearly I have taken a blogging hiatus and have not posted for a good six months.  Oh the wonderful and life changing things that have occurred in our lives within those six months!  Here's a short and quick rundown and an assurance that my blogging practice is back on track...

Update #1:  Camden Arrives!
Camden Martin Buhl arrived at 7:10 pm on June 9th weighing in at 8lbs 2oz and measuring 21 1/2 inches long.  His weight somewhat plummeted after the first two days and he weighed in at 7lbs 3oz at his first checkup.  Dr. Blake was not to pleased by this, however, after a few tiring weight checks and painful heel pricks for jaundice checks, he passed with flying colors.  He weighed in at 11lbs 3oz at his 2 month checkup and handled all of his icky immunizations like a champ.  He is such a healthy and happy baby!  Of course, mommy thinks he is extra smart as well as he said "mama" at 2 months.  I am convinced he has no idea what it means to say "mama", but nonetheless, he says it.


Update #2: Bodie's First Photo Shoot
My adorable nephew Bodie had his first photo shoot at 7 months of age and what a photo shoot it was!  He is so happy and smiley you can't help but melt at every single pose that my sister's talented photographer Whitney Buttelman captured. 



Update #3: Peyton, Peyton, Peyton
Peyton continues to grow older and more clever by the day.  It's a combination of fear/happiness/pure shock, etc that I as her mommy feel each time she does something new.  She is extremely precocious and never, ever seems to slow down.  I love her to pieces and can't wait to watch her grow and learn new things.  She will turn 2 on Sept. 4th, which is just so hard to even wrap my brain around.  I can't wait to share all of the fun pictures of her 2nd birthday bash!


Chasing candy at the parade
 
Update #4: House Projects Galore
I've decided to take control of my habit to bounce back and forth from one room of my house to the next starting new projects.  I have decided that as much as I may get excited or motivated to start on something new, I have to start and finish one room before moving to the next.  Peyton's room is currently on my list.  I finished painting her wall (finally) that used to be covered with floral wallpaper and plan on white washing her vanity as well as repainting her dresser next.  Then will come my attempt to learn how to fold a paper flower in order to create a 3 dimensional mural on her wall.  Wish me luck with that one.  I'll upload pictures as I progress through the project and hope to finish it within the next couple of weeks so that I can tackle the next room....the family room.  True the family room is all but done, but I still have to finish the final touches, such as installing trim on the windows, hanging curtains to keep the heat out, and organizing Peyton's plethora of toys. Nothing major, but still a job that takes time.  To be continued....

1 comment:

  1. Love the update!! I look forward to seeing the kids and the house in a few weeks!
    Love,
    LP

    ReplyDelete