Welcome 2-R Family

Welcome 2-R Family

Sunday, December 20, 2009

It Takes Nature to Nurture


A colleague of mine recently brought a new product for kids to my attention:  Baltic Amber Teething Necklaces.  After doing research on these necklaces, I have to say I am pretty interested in both their legitimacy and safety for children.  Here's a little bit of the information that I have gathered about Baltic amber thus far:


Amber is a natural resin that contains high levels of succinic acids as if found in plant and animal tissues.  How it works:  The amber warms to the body's natural temperature and releases its healing oils (the succinic acid) into the skin and then into the bloodstream.  Amber is knows to reduce inflammation of the throat, ear, and stomach and to fight irritation, infections and respiratory diseases as it dramatically improves the body's immune system.   

 
Children's necklaces and bracelets made of Baltic amber are commonly introduced in order to assist in the teething process.  While the jewelry is suggested for children 3 years and older, us parents know that kids begin cutting teeth well before 3 years of age.  The necklaces are often used by parents for infants in supervised situations, such as when the child is awake and with his/her parent(s) and never while he/she is sleeping.


I am tempted to order one of these necklaces for Peyton, but I'm just still nervous about the whole "releases the oils into the skin and bloodstream" factor.  Something like this that I know nothing about makes me nervous.  So I ask, if anyone is reading or has experience with Baltic amber...please tell me about it.  In the meantime, I'll update everyone if I choose to purchase a necklace for Peyters.

No comments:

Post a Comment